Engineering Science at Balliol College
Engineering has been taught at Balliol for about 50 years. These days Balliol is one of the largest Oxford colleges in terms of the number of students studying Engineering subjects, with approximately 30 undergraduate students at any one time. With four Fellows and two Lecturers (see below), the College ensures that a wide range of teaching and research interests is covered. Students’ learning and career destinations are comparably broad.
There is a flourishing undergraduate society for Balliol engineers, known as Beers. Beers helps to introduce new engineering students to the College and also organises an annual dinner.
Number of places at Balliol: 8.
- Associate Professor of Engineering Science and Royal Society University Research Fellow, Fellow and Tutor in Engineering ScienceEngineering Science
- Associate Professor and Tutorial Fellow in Engineering ScienceEngineering Science
- Professor of Engineering Science and Senior Research Fellow in EngineeringEngineering Science
- Professor of Engineering Science (Nanoscale Engineering), Fellow and Tutor in Engineering ScienceEngineering Science
- Lecturer in Electrical EngineeringEngineering Science
- Lecturer in Engineering ScienceEngineering Science
About the course
Course requirements and selection criteria
Please see the University’s entrance requirements.