Biomedical Sciences at Balliol
Balliol has a strong and diverse community of Biomedical undergraduate students. The College’s commitment to Biomedical Sciences and Medical Sciences is evidenced through its four Fellows and a significant number of Lecturers, enabling comprehensive in-College teaching through the tutorial system.
Balliol boasts a lively Medical Society, which is run by its students with the aim of uniting Biomedical Science, Medical Sciences, Physiology, and Clinical undergraduates and postgraduates, and offering them the chance to hear notable speakers give talks on their areas of study. It also offers prizes to students for outstanding academic achievement and generally provides a friendly and supportive social forum.
Number of places at Balliol: 3.
- Dan Norman Early Career Fellow in (Bio)medical Sciences (Addiction Research)Biomedical Sciences
- Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Cochrane UK and Research Fellow in Clinical Medicine, and Vice-Master (Executive)Medical Sciences
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Senior Research Fellow in Biomedical SciencesBiomedical SciencesClinical Medicine
- Fellow in Medical Sciences, and Tutor for Undergraduate AdmissionsMedical Sciences
- Professor of Cell Biology, Fellow and Tutor in Biomedical SciencesBiomedical SciencesMedical Sciences
- Lecturer in Medical SciencesMedical Sciences
- Lecturer in Medical Sciences (Biochemistry)Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor in Neuroscience and University Research LecturerMedical Sciences
- Lecturer in PsychologyPsychology
- Lecturer in AnatomyMedical Sciences
- Lecturer in MedicineMedical Sciences
About the course
Course requirements and selection criteria
Please see the Medical Sciences Division’s webpages on: